Impact Enterprises, a leading socially-conscious outsourcing provider based in Zambia, is looking for an exceptional Sales Associate to lead sales and communications efforts from our headquarters in New York City.Company Overview
Impact Enterprises is a for-profit social enterprise delivering world-class outsourcing services such as web research, content moderation, order management, and data entry for growth stage tech companies and researchers. We provide valuable employment for high school and college graduates in Zambia, in southern Africa. Launched in June 2013, we are seeking to become the premier outsourcing company in Africa.
Headquartered in New York and with operations in Chipata, Zambia, we currently employ 75 Data Specialists and to date have hired over 200 employees. We partner with clients in ecommerce, digital marketing, SaaS, career services, travel, education, and AI, as well as non-profits and universities, to support their front-office and back-office operations. To date, we have worked with over 80 companies across 4 continents.
As a social enterprise, we create a foundation for the emerging careers of our young adults in Africa. For most, working at Impact Enterprises is their first formal employment. Through their project work, internal trainings and workshops, we help develop their skills holistically, allowing them to advance to new tasks and become exceptional working professionals. Visit our website to learn more: www.impactenterprises.org.Job Description
The Sales Associate will work out of the head office in New York City to lead all aspects of sales prospecting, outreach, cultivation, onboarding, and account management. You will execute and enhance the sales and marketing efforts of Impact Enterprises to generate highly-qualified leads and drive new revenue.
The Sales Associate will:
- Own the entire sales cycle - from lead generation to close to ongoing account support.
- Develop a deep understanding and appreciation for the ecosystems we operate in – tech startups, outsourcing/offshoring, and social impact through job creation.
- Be a leading component of Impact Enterprises’ strategic growth.
- Contribute towards building a great company.
We are looking for a smart, driven, independent individual who is passionate about tech and social impact. The Sales Associate will work directly with the top management of Impact Enterprises to identify opportunities and methods to single-handedly drive revenue and provide an excellent service experience for our clients.Responsibilities
- Expand our lead generation and communication efforts using strategic thinking and adaptation.
- Regularly prospect, contact, and develop new business accounts to drive revenue.
- Represent Impact Enterprises at key industry conferences and events.
- Maximize sales through excellent communication, service knowledge, customer understanding, value add delivery, and customer service.
- Effectively onboard clients to our operations team and oversee customer satisfaction.
- Meet or exceed sales goals and support sales projections.
- Maintain detailed records and metrics of interactions and performance.
- Collaborate with management regularly to improve sales procedures.
- Advise management on strategic marketing and communication initiatives.
- Drive strong thought leadership to grow Impact Enterprises’ presence as an industry leader.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of relevant work in a sales environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both internally and externally.
- Organized and punctual, able to manage many responsibilities and meet all deadlines.
- Proven attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Must have a thick skin and a professional presence for meetings and conversations.
- Enthusiastic, determined, and self-motivated to work independently and meet customer needs.
- Passion for working with tech startups and leading a social enterprise.
- Cold-calling or outbound calling experience.
- Proficiency in office applications required: MS Office, Google Drive.
- Knowledge of design applications encouraged: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Knowledge of CRM lead management preferred.
- Role is based out of NYC. Candidates must be available to commute throughout the city for various meetings and events.
Our head office team structure allows for flexibility with your work schedule and location. Once acclimated, the Sales Associate can structure their schedule and commute to best fit all obligations.
The Sales Associate will have the opportunity to travel to Zambia on business trips to visit our operations and learn about the local environment. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in our transformative work of bringing the tech industry to Africa.How To Apply
Applicants can email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject "Application for Sales Associate." Applicants should clearly explain their interest in working with Impact Enterprises, their relevant experience, and start date availability. Only applicants in New York City will be considered.