- What Information Does the Company Gather About You?
- The Company may collect information that you voluntarily submit, as well as location-based information as described herein. Company does not collect personally identifiable information about you on this Website except as expressly noted below.
- Personally Identifiable Information
- As part of our Webservices, in order to take advantage of certain features of our Website, the Company may ask you to provide your e-mail address, name, phone number, job title, company, industry or other information about yourself. The Company collects such information in order that you are able to use the Website, be added to the list to receive e-mail updates, and can be reached for follow-up. You are not required to provide us with this information, but if you choose not to, you may not be able to participate in portions of our service (“Service”).
- As part of our Services and business practices, we may collect personal information for a specific purpose as requested by our customers. We will collect that personal information by lawful means, and, where appropriate, with notice or consent of the individual concerned. We will identify those purposes for which such information is being collected and we will only use that information for those purposes. If we intend to use that information for any other purpose, we will obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We will provide information to you upon reasonable request about our policies and practices surrounding your personal information.
- Information Collected When You Visit the Website
- Service Participation. The Company may use the information collected from you to allow you to participate in Service activities for which the information is collected. For example, when you submit your e-mail address in order to receive a newsletter, that address is added to the e-mail list for the newsletter. On each e-mail you receive, you are given the opportunity to unsubscribe; once you unsubscribe, you will no longer receive such e-mails.
- Statistical Analysis. The Company may perform statistical, demographic and marketing analysis of users and their patterns. The Company may use this information for analysis purposes to improve the Website and Service.
- Within the Company: The Company may use information that it collects or that you provide internally. By using an internet site operated or maintained by the Company or providing personal information to the Company, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this policy. If you do not so consent, do not use the Website or its related forms.
- Service Providers: Personal information collected on this Website may be shared with those whom the Company contracts to operate this Website, as well as third parties who may use personal information that you voluntarily provide to the Company, for marketing and other commercial purposes. These contractors have agreed with us to use personal information of Website visitors only for the purposes of carrying out these operations. To the extent required or permitted by law, the Company may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements. The Company may also use your information as permitted by law to protect the Company’s rights or property, or the Website.
- As Permitted by Law: The Company may disclose information collected, including personally identifiable information, to third parties as required or permitted by law. For example, the Company may disclose information:
- to regulators;
- to law enforcement authorities pursuant to an official request;
- to vendors who provide the Company with services; and
- to companies that may acquire part or all of Company or an affiliated company.
- CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. The Company will not send you marketing messages if you have opted out of them. You may unsubscribe from the emails or other communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your permission.
- Service-Related Email. If you choose to sign up for a newsletter, you may elect to sign up for third party mailings or announcements by clicking in the appropriate consent box on our sign-up form. Whether you choose to receive these mailings or announcements is your choice. If you choose to receive them from a specific source, you will receive commercial messages from independent third parties over whom the Company has no control and who each have their own privacy policies which you should review. You may typically remove your email address from these third party lists by following the instructions on emails that you receive.
- You may update your information by contacting the Company directly at email@example.com.
- The Company tries to keep the information collected from you as current as possible, and the Company takes steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to prevent unauthorized access to it by those who do not have a legitimate need for it. To that end, the Company has adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect via the Website and Service. The Company will never post your e-mail address or other identifying information you have provided on the Website without your consent.
- While the Company may provide encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, the Company does not guarantee that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
- In the event the Company becomes aware of a data breach where users’ personal information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties, the Company will notify any affected individuals within 72 hours of becoming aware of a breach if the Company thinks there is a reasonable risk of harm to those users or if otherwise required to do so by law. If you have any questions about our policy or security, you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COPPA Compliance. This Website is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. The Company does not knowingly solicit or collect information from or about children under the age of 13 on the Website, except as permitted by law. If you believe that your child has submitted personal information to the Website and you would like to request that such information be deleted, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. Further, in accordance with law, when a visitor files a complaint online and indicates an age under 13, no personally identifying information will be collected in conjunction with that submission. You can learn more about COPPA at the United States Federal Trade Commission Website: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html.
- California Privacy Rights. Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may opt-out of a company’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for its direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, you may choose to opt-out of the Company’s sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request to the Company by email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
- EU Residents (GDPR). We implement technical and organizational measures with respect to processing personal information from European Union individuals for purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Upon request, we will provide you with information as to whether and what personal data we store in relation to you. Should your personal data be incorrect, you may request to have it rectified. We may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in part, or request deletion of your personal data. Please feel free to direct such requests, or other questions and comments regarding our GDPR compliance to email@example.com.
Purposes and Legal Bases for the Processing of Personal Information under GDPR. The Company processes data for the purposes as set forth in this Policy, including providing the Website and Service to our customers. In most cases, the lawful ground will be that the processing: (i) is necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, including to grow and improve our Service, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests, (ii) is necessary to perform a contract with you, or (iii) we have a legal obligation to carry out the processing. Where processing is based on your consent, we will identify the processing purposes and provide you with relevant information to make the processing fair and transparent.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Policy, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered JAMS in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules or International Mediation Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, bBy using our Website you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy. We reserve the right to modify this Policy and related business practices at any time by posting updated text on this Website, and your continued use upon such notice constitutes acceptance of those changes. Thank you for visiting our Website, and for taking the time to read this policy.
By using our Website you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy. We reserve the right to modify this Policy and related business practices at any time by posting updated text on this Website, and your continued use constitutes acceptance of those changes. Thank you for visiting our Website, and for taking the time to read this policy.
Effective on June 1, 2018.